Wednesday, February 16, 2011

Pot Head

Man I've been so focused the past 6 mo on getting pregnant I totally forgot and didn't prepare myself mentally for pregnancy.  I feel like a pot head:)  I forgot how tired I would be which has wiped out my ability to multi-task, think a few hrs into the future or past and make any decisive decisions.   I am feeling very overwhelmed and behind in life in general.  The house is a mess and I don't care, which is strange:)  Why hormones why?  The one good thing is I'm not obsessing over having to learn all things baby, been there done that.  I think this pregnancy will be all about learning balance for Elli & the new baby. 

Our last pregnancy went very well considering.  We opted to do the water birth at home so I never once stepped foot in an OB office.  The only Dr I saw was my Gyno to do my blood confirmation test for the birth cert. which was at 8 weeks.  I cannot imagine not going to my midwife for an hour plus appt which is actually relaxing and we are in her office for a full hour talking.  Not me in a gownd waiting for a tech or nurse and talking to the Dr for 10 min after waiting for an hour. 

I hate hospitals, hate waiting, hate paperwork, etc.  I have been very blessed to have no medical complications that would need me to have to have Dr's assistance.  If Georgia had birthing centers I could see that being a little more doable.  But having babies in hospitals is a new conception.  Only in the past 100 yrs has is been a common occurrence.  I still think Hospitals are for sick and injured people.  Why would I want to expose a brand new healthy being into a germ infested environment? 

I've been to hospital births before and its scary and annoying.  They treat you like your sick and the birth is a trauma.  Which it is the exact opposite.  It's not scary, its beautiful and amazing.  I am very excited to experience another water birth this time around.  A few things I will do differently but not much.  Cannot wait, wish it was Oct already!  I enjoy the birth much more than the pregnancy.

No comments:

Post a Comment