Tuesday, May 3, 2011

How do you.....?

So its the age old question, how do you go from parenting 1 child to 2?  I'm 16 wks pregnant and have been up all day & night with a sick 3 yr old.  She is currently sleeping and her fever has broken, YEA!  However, if baby #2 was here how the hell would I have gotten through the day?  How do you breastfeed a baby all day, change diapers, burp, etc. while trying to keep the other one from a trip to the ER?  I'm sure every mother/parent has this fear and over comes it, I hope!  Its one of those on the job training things that will suck the first time it presents itself but when its over you'll be an old pro at it.   Daddy is currently at work and I hope she sleep the rest of the night, or at least until its his shift:)

2 comments:

  1. you basically have to let go and trust that they aren't going to kill themselves. lol Bobby has pretty much figured out he can get away with murder while I' nursing

    ReplyDelete
  2. The whole 'sit down to nurse' routine is different. I don't think Abram ever got a meal that lasted longer than 5 minutes, and usually those 5 minutes were done while I was walking around holding him. He nursed on demand for well over a year because of this. His rolls spoke to the effectiveness of that method, so no worries.

    ReplyDelete