Friday, June 17, 2011

Common Sense~

If you or your family is sick sometimes you need to lean on your instincts and common sense to solve the problem.  If the symptom is repetitive rashes, ear aches, nausea, etc.... something is not right.  Once its a fluke, 2x a coincidence, 3x its a pattern.  I experienced this myself over  the past few weeks.  I had a series of dizzy spells 3 days in a row, after the 3rd I seeked help.  Now I realize most conventional pregnant women may call their OB after the first one but sense I don't have an OB and instinctively knew it wasn't serious enough to go sit in a DR. office, pay a co-pay, get a series of tests done and wait for results leading to further stress I waited. 

After seeking help from an acupuncturist I know I made the right decision.  I understand why many may not go that route, Money, Time & Fear of the unknown being the most common reasons I presume.  But I feel more comfortable with a couple dozen tiny needles sticking out of me then an ultrasound.  Money, yes it costs more due to lack of insurance options with Eastern medicine.  Time, same amount of time as a Dr's office, you wait less and are cared to more so the time of the visit evens out.  Fear, well that is a personal situation, my fear is the unknown of medical interferences repercussions on my unborn baby, some peoples fear is of needles, to each his own!

I have yet to do this, but keeping a medical diary of you and your family is probably going to save you a lot of Money, Time & Fear!  If your child has an ear infection, had one last month and maybe a few months prior, to me that is a pattern.  And just for the record, I hate the overly diagnosed ear tube fix, its a fix to the symptom not the problem! 

No comments:

Post a Comment