Friday, June 17, 2011

Made In Water

Surprise, I just walked down into the basement and my husband has blown up my birthing tub:)  Its exciting and kind of weird to see.  I honestly have not looked at in in over 3 yrs sense my daughter was born in it.  I asked him to pull it out to make sure it was still usable, clean it out, etc.  If my daughter sees it  now she may want to swim in it:) 

My water birth experience was great!  Granted I was in the tub way too long but ladies if you are looking for a way to ease your labor w/o drugs this is the answer.  It literally is a water epidural.  I had to get out several times to use the bathroom and had a contraction each time and the only thing I could think of was running back to that tub.  The difference of having a contraction in & out of it is a complete 180.  I don't know why all home birthers don't use a tub, I don't know how they do it!  If you have ever had PMS cramps or achy muscles, etc and gotten in a nice hot tub to relieve it, that's what I'm talking about.  Not only does the weightlessness take all the stress of your body but the warm water sooths it as well.  Plus I was just able to get in positions not really looked at as an option if not done in water for any lengths of time.  And, your baby comes out all nice and clean w/o having to bath it taking all the good natural moisturizer off if it. 

I had to birth my placenta outside of the tub which was not as pleasant of a situation, so I understand the difference between pushing with & w/o it.  I feel like a water birth spokes person but that's how highly I recommend a water birth.  Here is the one I used and can't wait to birth baby #2 in it! 

http://www.madeinwater.co.uk/

No comments:

Post a Comment